About the Optimism Collective and Optimism Unlimited
The Optimism Collective is redefining power to elevate humanity by building a more equitable internet. Our vision for this citizen-governed network: a composable, unified constellation of blockchains that can support internet-level activity; powered by the MIT-licensed open source OP Stack.
To date, the Optimism Collective is defined by its focus on scaling Ethereum and funding public goods. We’ve processed hundreds of millions of transactions and are responsible for the largest ongoing public goods funding program in existence.
Optimism Unlimited is a subsidiary of the Optimism Foundation that focuses on supporting the growth, adoption, and governance of the Optimism Collective.
Optimism Unlimited is looking for a Product Marketing Manager! Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager will be a key player in bridging technical expertise with innovative marketing strategies. As a Product Marketing Manager, you will play a vital role in promoting cutting-edge blockchain products, bridging technical innovation with effective marketing strategies, and contributing significantly to the growth and success of the organization in a dynamic digital landscape.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Develop and execute marketing strategies for blockchain products, ensuring they appeal to both technical experts and general audiences.
- Collaborate closely with the product and technical teams to gain a deep understanding of the product features
- Translate technical product details into compelling marketing messages that resonate with various target audiences.
- Lead marketing campaigns, from conception to execution, leveraging diverse channels to maximize product visibility and adoption.
- Educate both internal teams and external stakeholders on the nuances of blockchain technology, particularly decentralized governance, DAOs, community efforts, other blockchain protocols, and more.
- Stay current with industry trends and competitive dynamics, integrating these insights into marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Be the voice of technical and non technical users, and a trusted advocate to inform product messaging, brand differentiation, technical marketing content, and collateral.
- Translate technical concepts into engaging content across marketing surfaces.
- Own and manage key internal and external collateral such as pitch decks, case studies, enablement assets, product pages, and user comms.
- Expert on the competitive blockchain landscape, market requirements, and overall product needs.
What skills do you bring?
- Solid understanding of decentralized communities, DAOs, and blockchain technology.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively and devise marketing campaigns that resonate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven experience in product marketing, ideally within the blockchain or related tech industries.
- Strong grasp of blockchain technology, decentralized communities, and DAOs, with the ability to communicate these concepts effectively.
- Creative and strategic thinking, capable of developing innovative marketing strategies that align with technical product features.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, essential for working with cross-functional teams and diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage comprehensive marketing campaigns from start to finish.
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with Ethereum’s infrastructure, decentralized technologies, and the broader blockchain ecosystem.
- Experience in a startup or technology company, particularly within a fast-growing environment.
- A knack for understanding and leveraging web3 and meme culture to create viral content
What you'll like about us:
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.