Who are we?
Everybody and their mother working on blockchains loves the word “decentralization”. On a broad, world-changing scale, we can all agree that it’s important. Yet, when we zoom into the specifics of how to build this decentralized world, we find many diverse approaches. Whether it’s defi, identity, art, healthcare, or anything in between, a single dependency unites each dream for the future: scalability.
We are building the critical infrastructure to address this need. Optimism is an extension to Ethereum that scales both its technology and philosophy. Not only do we enable orders of magnitude more performance, we’re also doubling down on Ethereum’s values as a public good, never to be captured by private commercial interests. Ethereum will enable the greatest change in human coordination since the birth of the internet, and Optimism is here to bring it to the masses.
As the first communications hire you’ll be responsible for driving awareness and sharing Optimism’s vision for scaling Ethereum and funding public goods for the long-term. In this role you will lead day-to-day efforts engaging with crypto and traditional media and help to build our brand. You’ll partners with leaders across the company to develop unique POVs and amplify these messages via traditional and social media strategies.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Drive awareness for Optimism amongst the crypto and blockchain community
- Partner with Optimism team members to develop unique POVs and amplify them via traditional and social media strategies
- Build and execute on a proactive communications plan to drive awareness for Optimism and our product within the crypto and blockchain communities
- Ensure Optimism leaders are represented as speakers at key industry events (both offline and online) including conferences and podcasts
- Develop content together with the product and engineering team to help make Optimism a go-to resource for the crypto community
- Build narratives and communications plans that support the company’s mission and narrative of decentralization and funding public goods
- Manage media relationships and coordinate with internal and external PR stakeholders and partners
- Craft a narrative across multiple areas including: product and protocol updates, governance, and public goods funding
What skills do you bring?
- Creative storytelling with an understanding of what stories resonate with the media and an audience of crypto developers and the broader crypto ecosystem
- Strong interest in and familiarity with crypto community
- Experience telling a product story through media, social channels and community relation
- A demonstrated ability to understand complex subject matter, along with the skills needed to simplify and explain these topics for a broad audience of stakeholders.
- Experience managing cross-functional initiatives involving multiple stakeholders across an organization.
- Native to social media platforms.
- Stellar writing and storytelling skills: prose that’s clear and concise, with an eye toward eliminating jargon.
- Strategic mindset: You should bring creative solutions to every problem and never see a challenge as insurmountable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment and ability to deliver a quality product within tight timelines.
What will you like about us?
- Providing the product management input to solving groundbreaking problems in computer science
- Working with a world-class team developing a technically challenging product critical to scaling Ethereum
- Fully remote, deeply engaged, highly skilled, and yet really FUN team environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package