Who are we?
Everybody and their mother working on blockchains loves the word “decentralization”. On a broad, world-changing scale, we can all agree that it’s important. Yet, when we zoom into the specifics of how to build this decentralized world, we find many diverse approaches. Whether it’s defi, identity, art, healthcare, or anything in between, a single dependency unites each dream for the future: scalability.
We are building the critical infrastructure to address this need. Optimism is an extension to Ethereum that scales both its technology and philosophy. Not only do we enable orders of magnitude more performance, we’re also doubling down on Ethereum’s values as a public good, never to be captured by private commercial interests. Ethereum will enable the greatest change in human coordination since the birth of the internet, and Optimism is here to bring it to the masses.
As Optimism’s first marketer, you will be responsible for driving awareness and growth across both developers and end-users using traditional and new, creative marketing strategies.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Create Optimism’s marketing and growth roadmap including objectives, key results, analytics, and measurement to communicate tasks to the team and deliver results
- Own and strategize our content-publishing plan to create a unique, powerful, and consistent brand voice that helps us achieve our goals
- Plan and execute campaigns to drive measurable improvements in Optimism’s awareness, user acquisition, and community engagement
- Develop and execute on original campaign ideas that are open, participatory, and community-centric, and fit within the open source ethos of the organization and brand
- Collaborate with team members to execute robust events calendar (both virtual and in person) including conferences, hackathons, and developer workshops
What skills do you bring?
- 5+ years of experience marketing technical/developer oriented products to a global audience - including a successful track record of either building vibrant open source communities or bringing products to market in emerging technologies
- Experience organizing virtual and in-person events to drive engagement
- Strong understanding of how to use crypto oriented platforms (i.e. Twitter, Discord, Twitch, Reddit, Telegram etc.) to drive user growth
- Love of creating memes and keeping up to date with the trending topics in crypto and the DeFi, NFT and DAO spaces.
- Strong understanding of the blockchain landscape (Ethereum, DeFi, etc.)
What will you like about us?
- Providing the product management input to solving groundbreaking problems in computer science
- Working with a world-class team developing a technically challenging product critical to scaling Ethereum
- Fully remote, deeply engaged, highly skilled, and yet really FUN team environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package