Who are we?
Everybody and their mother working on blockchains loves the word “decentralization”. On a broad, world-changing scale, we can all agree that it’s important. Yet, when we zoom into the specifics of how to build this decentralized world, we find many diverse approaches. Whether it’s defi, identity, art, healthcare, or anything in between, a single dependency unites each dream for the future: scalability.
We are building the critical infrastructure to address this need. Optimism is an extension to Ethereum that scales both its technology and philosophy. Not only do we enable orders of magnitude more performance, we’re also doubling down on Ethereum’s values as a public good, never to be captured by private commercial interests. Ethereum will enable the greatest change in human coordination since the birth of the internet, and Optimism is here to bring it to the masses.
Building strong partnerships with projects in the Ethereum ecosystem is critical to the success of Optimism’s efforts. We are looking for a partnerships leader who can help to implement and refine our strategy, drive integrations, establish commercial and promotional partnerships, and build relationships with developers and entrepreneurs.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Identify paths to grow Optimism user base and build a comprehensive DApp business development and partnerships program to establish Optimism as the preferred Ethereum Layer 2 solution
- Manage strategic planning, negotiation and new partnership development in the Ethereum ecosystem across various web3 verticals including: NFTs, DeFi, Exchanges, Gaming, etc.
- Develop relationships with key players and project leaders within the Ethereum ecosystem
- Ensure best-in-class, methodical deal management rooted in milestone management, KPIs and alignment with partners on opportunities of mutual interest
- Work closely with Integrations team to identify areas of growth opportunity with large crypto projects
- Channel partner feedback back to product team
What skills do you bring?
- 5+ years of business development/partnerships experience developing programs to build and grow relationships with business and technical leaders
- Deep familiarity with crypto in general and Ethereum specifically
- Broad and deep experience executing industry-wide partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences and go to market models
- An operationally focused mindset, with an ability to lead teams through complex relationship management activities by setting a clear vision, and running tight processes
- Experience negotiating commercial deals and scaling such deals across multiple partners
- Passionate about blockchain with a thorough understanding of industry dynamics and tokenomics
- Strong presence with ability to influence leadership and key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Excellent product instincts that will help inform our roadmap of products and programs
- Experience building partnerships programs for a developer focused product (e.g. Plaid, Twilio, Stripe) preferred but not required
What will you like about us?
- Providing the product management input to solving groundbreaking problems in computer science
- Working with a world-class team developing a technically challenging product critical to scaling Ethereum
- Fully remote, deeply engaged, highly skilled, and yet really FUN team environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package