Who are we?
Everybody and their mother working on blockchains loves the word “decentralization”. On a broad, world-changing scale, we can all agree that it’s important. Yet, when we zoom into the specifics of how to build this decentralized world, we find many diverse approaches. Whether it’s defi, identity, art, healthcare, or anything in between, a single dependency unites each dream for the future: scalability.
We are building the critical infrastructure to address this need. Optimism is an extension to Ethereum that scales both its technology and philosophy. Not only do we enable orders of magnitude more performance, we’re also doubling down on Ethereum’s values as a public good, never to be captured by private commercial interests. Ethereum will enable the greatest change in human coordination since the birth of the internet, and Optimism is here to bring it to the masses.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Champion Optimism and empower the ecosystem by building high-quality sample applications, recorded demos, developer tools, writing technical guides and tutorials, and publishing blog posts
- Drive adoption of the Optimism developer products and grow the ecosystem of applications, integrations, and services built on top of the Optimism Protocol
- Stay in the know of new web3 projects and developer needs by listening to podcasts, perusing Discord channels and actively engaging with developers across various channels to evangelize Optimism
- Identify opportunities to engage with developers and grow our community in person and online, from speaking at conferences or attending hackathons to hosting office hours on Twitter and Discord
- Raise the bar for our documentation by collaborating with engineers, product managers, and technical writers
What skills do you bring?
- Experience as an engineer with exposure to a large set of technologies—Typescript, Solidity are a plus
- Highly attuned to developer needs—empathetic understanding of developers across the Ethereum ecosystem
- Passion for building delightful developer experiences and vibrant developer communities
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to convey complex topics simply to a large developer audience
- Prior experience creating a Developer Relations program, writing technical articles, and building open source software preferred but not required
- Ability and willingness to travel to multiple Ethereum conferences and hackathons across the world
- Experience experimenting with Ethereum/Solidity or other blockchains preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills in English (fluent level), other languages are a plus
- Passionate about Ethereum, Web3/crypto, and Retroactive Public Goods Funding
What will you like about us?
- Providing the product management input to solving groundbreaking problems in computer science
- Working with a world-class team developing a technically challenging product critical to scaling Ethereum
- Fully remote, deeply engaged, highly skilled, and yet really FUN team environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package