Who are we?
Everybody and their mother working on blockchains loves the word “decentralization”. On a broad, world-changing scale, we can all agree that it’s important. Yet, when we zoom into the specifics of how to build this decentralized world, we find many diverse approaches. Whether it’s defi, identity, art, healthcare, or anything in between, a single dependency unites each dream for the future: scalability.
We are building the critical infrastructure to address this need. Optimism is an extension to Ethereum that scales both its technology and philosophy. Not only do we enable orders of magnitude more performance, we’re also doubling down on Ethereum’s values as a public good, never to be captured by private commercial interests. Ethereum will enable the greatest change in human coordination since the birth of the internet, and Optimism is here to bring it to the masses.
We are hiring a Technical Product Manager to drive the end-to-end Optimism developer experience. This person will focus on the developer focused product of tooling, documentation, services and infrastructure with the end goal of driving developer adoption of Optimism.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Own the user experience across the Developer experience product, which includes developer libraries, documentation, services and infrastructure
- Define the product roadmap for the Developer experience
- Deep focus on data to draw insights and identify gaps in developer experience to drive developer adoption
- Articulate developer personas and speak with developers to define what problems we need to solve
- Set Product OKRs and align Optimism team around these metrics
- Work full features, releases and product improvements from start to finish with engineering and design
- Clearly articulate developer/user need to engineering team to enable them to write technical specifications and prioritize features
- Collaborate with Product Designer to define and build an elegant user experience
- Develop standards, specifications, and reference implementations of tools for partners to drive adoption and usage
- Brainstorm, test, and iterate to help drive decision making
- Identify product marketing opportunities & approaches
- Develop deep understanding of rapidly evolving competitive landscape to position Optimism for success
What skills do you bring?
- At least 3 years of professional experience in product management
- Proven track record of managing and delivering multiple complex projects in parallel
- A passion for working on a community based product and finding simplicity in solutions
- A data-driven approach, understanding of MVP and good judgment on when to ship
- Experience participating in the DeFi space as a user —ability to articulate the difference between ZKR and OKR and articulate the tradeoffs between different Layer 1 blockchains
- Experience with open source software, crypto/web3 or developer focused products strongly preferred but not required
- A background in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent skills
What will you like about us?
- Providing the product management input to solving groundbreaking problems in computer science
- Working with a world-class team developing a technically challenging product critical to scaling Ethereum
- Fully remote, deeply engaged, highly skilled, and yet really FUN team environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package