Who are we?
Everybody and their mother working on blockchains loves the word “decentralization”. On a broad, world-changing scale, we can all agree that it’s important. Yet, when we zoom into the specifics of how to build this decentralized world, we find many diverse approaches. Whether it’s defi, identity, art, healthcare, or anything in between, a single dependency unites each dream for the future: scalability.
We are building the critical infrastructure to address this need. Optimism is an extension to Ethereum that scales both its technology and philosophy. Not only do we enable orders of magnitude more performance, we’re also doubling down on Ethereum’s values as a public good, never to be captured by private commercial interests. Ethereum will enable the greatest change in human coordination since the birth of the internet, and Optimism is here to bring it to the masses.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Work with the technical teams (often CTO!) of Ethereum's largest projects, and lead their integration onto Optimism from start to finish
- Nurture and maintain relations with the Ethereum ecosystem at large, organizing how they onboard onto Optimism
- Communicate a deep understanding of the Optimism system to our partners, from wallet interactions to cross-chain messaging
- Develop a deep understanding of the technical architecture and business strategy of external projects - how they work and what they need - in order to be their best guide into an Optimism integration
- Debug developer and end-user issues ranging from contract deployment to infrastructure stability, with support from the rest of the team
- Help projects thrive in the Optimism ecosystem by thinking up new use cases and refining old ones, driving end-user engagement
- Be the hub between the team, the product, and both Optimism developers and end users
What will you bring?
- The ability to evangelize deploying on Optimism and to create deep and lasting relationships across the Ethereum community
- Significant experience as a software engineer or technical staff, having worked on a team and participated in the design and code review process
- Fluency in the Ethereum ecosystem
- Bonus points for experience interacting with blockchain networks (e.g., making RPC calls, bringing up nodes)
- More bonus points for experience with smart contract development frameworks (e.g. Hardhat, Truffle, Waffle)
- Comfortable with reading documents and diving into source code
- Experience coordinating teams of internal and external stakeholders to deliver final products, strong communicator
- Empathy for users of all experience levels
What will you like about us?
- Providing the product management input to solving groundbreaking problems in computer science
- Working with a world-class team developing a technically challenging product critical to scaling Ethereum
- Fully remote, deeply engaged, highly skilled, and yet really FUN team environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package