Multi-site Dermatology Group Seeks Pathology Lab Histotech
The successful candidate will not only have excellent histology and communication skills but will be committed to exceptional participation with the pathology team. The Staff Histotechnologist is responsible for performing the day‐to‐day operations and overall quality and productivity of the lab.
- Preparation of dermatology samples for pathology evaluation, including accessioning, grossing, fixation, processing, embedding, sectioning, staining and specialized routine stains and Immunohistochemistry staining techniques
- Ensure operational compliance with the laboratory’s SOPs and Quality Management Systems.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal and CLIA regulations. Maintain appropriate standards to meet all licensing and regulatory requirements and uphold company policies and integrity on a daily basis.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals
- Continuously monitor and evaluate histology processes and protocols, making changes as needed to ensure optimal quality, productivity, and consistency.
- Provide hands-on backup support for all areas of histology when staff is needed.
- Participates in all equipment QC including daily measurements, solution maintenance etc when needed.
- Performs advanced procedures such as special stains and/or IHC including QC of stains
- Demonstrates technical ability for special procedures such as Mohs and Frozen Sectioning if required.
- When required, may perform the duties of the technical assistant.
- Histotechnologist Bachelor of Science degree and HTL certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) is preferred or ASCP eligible.
- Minimum of two years of related laboratory experience as a technician, preferably in a physician practice or ambulatory environment.
- HT(ASCP), training program or eligible
About Optima Dermatology
At Optima Dermatology, our mission to revolutionize skin care is made possible by our world class team that is highly engaged, mission-driven, and inspired to set the new standard in dermatology. We are growing rapidly and looking for key team members who believe in our mission and want to make a difference in the lives of our patients. We foster a collaborative environment that is fun and hardworking and promise you will work alongside amazing colleagues you are proud to call your teammates.