Multi-site Dermatology Group Seeks Staff Histology Technical Assistant
The successful candidate will not only have excellent work and communication skills and will be committed to exceptional participation with the pathology team. The Staff Technical Assistant is responsible for performing the day‐to‐day maintenance operations and overall quality and productivity of the lab.
- Daily accessioning and cassette creation for cases received into lab.
- Daily maintenance of the lab equipment such as the H&E stainer, tissue processor and other equipment.
- Ensure operational compliance with the laboratory’s SOPs and Quality Management Systems.
- Is able to complete sign-out of daily cases including verification of adequate stain quality.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal and CLIA regulations. Maintain appropriate standards to meet all licensing and regulatory requirements and uphold company policies and integrity on a daily basis.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals
- After probationary period, is able to utilize the IT program to follow slides until delivery to pathologist.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate histology processes and protocols, reports any discrepancy to senior staff.
- Participates in all equipment QC including daily measurements, solution maintenance etc when needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree or Assoc science degree
- Minimum of two years of related laboratory experience as a technician, preferably in a physician practice or ambulatory environment.
- HT(ASCP), training program or eligible
About Optima Dermatology
At Optima Dermatology, our mission to revolutionize skin care is made possible by our world class team that is highly engaged, mission-driven, and inspired to set the new standard in dermatology. We are growing rapidly and looking for key team members who believe in our mission and want to make a difference in the lives of our patients. We foster a collaborative environment that is fun and hardworking and promise you will work alongside amazing colleagues you are proud to call your teammates.