Multi-site Dermatology Group Seeks Grossing Histotechnologist
The successful candidate will not only have excellent work and communication skills and will be committed to exceptional participation with the pathology team. The Grossing Histotechnologist is responsible for performing the day‐to‐day gross examination of dermatological specimens sent to Optima for gross and microscopic evaluation.
- Daily gross examination of daily biopsies received.
- Before grossing, reviews requisition and specimen vial to verify identification.
- Ensure operational compliance with the laboratory’s SOPs and Quality Management Systems.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal and CLIA regulations. Maintain appropriate standards to meet all licensing and regulatory requirements and uphold company policies and integrity on a daily basis.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals
- Maintains gross room in an organized and clean matter
- Is able to trouble shoot any discrepancies between requisition and actual tissue.
- Is able to communicate with the Dermpath on any grossing issues.
- When required, may fulfil the job duties for the Histology Technical Assistant
- Bachelor of Science degree or Assoc science degree
- Minimum of 5 years grossing experience or if less, performs gross under another grosser with 5 years experience.
- Minimum of two years of related laboratory experience as a technician, preferably in a physician practice or ambulatory environment.
- HT(ASCP), training program or eligible
About Optima Dermatology
At Optima Dermatology, our mission to revolutionize skin care is made possible by our world class team that is highly engaged, mission-driven, and inspired to set the new standard in dermatology. We are growing rapidly and looking for key team members who believe in our mission and want to make a difference in the lives of our patients. We foster a collaborative environment that is fun and hardworking and promise you will work alongside amazing colleagues you are proud to call your teammates.