Optima Dermatology is a mission-driven dermatology practice with 15 locations and 35 providers in Indiana, Ohio, New Hampshire, and Maine. Optima offers a complete menu of services under one roof, including general dermatology, Mohs surgery, cosmetics & aesthetic services, pathology, and clinical trials. Unlike most dermatology practices, Optima’s strategy is based on a de novo approach, opening net new practices within markets that have the most limited access to dermatology and have the greatest need for dermatological services.
Leveraging Optima’s existing locations in Indiana and Ohio, Optima has launched an aggressive growth strategy, including opening between 5-10 new de-novo practices per year over the next decade. In addition to expanding its presence in Ohio and Indiana, Optima is rapidly growing into New England, due to its attractive supply / demand characteristics.
Optima achieves industry-leading quality of care and patient experience (95+ average Net Promoter Score) / 80%+ returning patients, stable top-line organic growth, and industry leading clinical-level EBITDA margins.
Working closely with the Director of Training & Compliance, the Compliance Manager will plan and execute compliance initiatives, to promote regulatory compliance and implementation of Optima’s mission and vision.
The opportunity is a hybrid in-office / remote role. The Compliance Manager will need to be in the office in Portsmouth, NH 2-3 days per week and can work remotely the remainder of the week.
- Monitor and manage the learning management software capabilities and reporting
- Assist in competency tracking and training for all clinical positions throughout the organization
- Assist in developing training standards and ensuring that training procedures are followed accordingly.
- Assist in improvements to the utilization of Modmed, our PM & EMR, to increase efficiency and ensure our comprehensive training program trains these best practices throughout the organization
- Assist in developing, executing, and managing Optima’s comprehensive compliance program
- Participate in the monitoring of Quality measures and the Company’s MIPS program
- Manage Compliance Hotline, Error, and Incident Reporting
- Perform annual internal inspections in preparation for regulatory inspections as outlined by CLIA and DHHS.
- Ensure proper preparation for all regulatory inspections (CLIA, DHHS, DOL, OSHA)
- Track and review regulatory updates
- Develop and maintain a schedule for visiting and auditing clinics
- Manage process around potential or current clinical claims
- Oversee HIPAA training and compliance
- Participate in the assessment and response of sentinel events
- Develop and execute on policies and programs to comply with fraud and abuse and Stark Anti-kickback regulations.
- Develop and execute on policies and programs to comply with the United States Department of Labor, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) standards for medical and dental offices (e.g., exposure control plan, emergency action plan).
- Develop and execute on policies and programs to comply with the OSHA Laboratory Standard, OSHA Formaldehyde standard and the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) , e.g., laboratory chemical hygiene plan.
- Develop and execute on policies and programs to comply with laser safety and requirements consistent with American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z136 standards.
- Develop and execute on standards and procedures to comply with state regulations applicable to nurse practitioners and physician assistants (e.g., supervision protocol documents).
- Coordinate administrative tasks to support state regulatory and location-specific compliance for Manager and Associate
- Process and review staff and student health forms for completeness against differing health and immunization requirements and update internal systems to reflect status. Follow-up with staff and clients whose forms are incomplete to obtain missing information
- Maintain staff tracking logs
- Complete and track applications for licensing, malpractice, and state needs
- Assist in monitoring background check and BEAS
- Perform compliance investigations
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- High energy self-starter with demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Certification in healthcare compliance (e.g. Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) from the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) preferred.
The position will offer competitive compensation. In addition, it will offer the personal reward associated with transforming our patients’ lives and building the most defensible healthcare services platform in the country.
Our benefits include generous health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance offerings as well as data and fitness reimbursements.