Provides education and evaluation to medical receptionists and facilitates implementation of workflow improvement and process changes. Collaborates with members of the practice team to incorporate process improvements in collaboration with the training team and cross functional departments. Performs direct specialty services to patients as required, ensuring adherence to regulatory body standards and all related policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provides educational leadership to patients and medical receptionists to enhance specialized patient care within our General Dermatology and Cosmetic services.
- Assists patients and caregivers with educational needs, problem resolution, and health management across the continuum of care.
- Collaborates with medical providers, patient care staff, and leadership in the planning, implementation, and delivery of education and training.
- Initiates skills development programs within the parameters of established care models; monitors trends and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with quality standards and parameters.
- Develops relevant training materials, incorporating evidenced-based research and national standards; consults with and serves as a resource to ensure quality patient care.
- Educates staff in the use of new equipment, software, customer service standards, and marketing supplies; coordinates in-service training and workshops for appropriate staff in collaboration with the education team.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Monitors and tracks quality assurance and training documents for reporting to the Director of Compliance and Training.
- Facilitates meetings, training, and other process improvement meetings with site preceptors within the region.
- Maintains a visitation schedule for associated region sites at a minimum of monthly.
- Performs quality assurance and compliance inspections in collaboration with the Director of Compliance.
- Participates in month meetings with other clinical educators to develop process improvements, trainings, education materials, policies, and procedures.
- Models team member behaviors and customer service standards at all times.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Customer Service Experience and Strong Customer Service Skills.
- Medical Receptionist Experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of protocol, procedures, and standards within area of nursing expertise.
- Ability to provide operational guidance and leadership to technical staff in area of specialty.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to assess educational needs and design and develop responsible curricula.
- Working knowledge of the use of established care models in the development of education programs.
- Technical leadership skills within area of expertise.
- Advanced nursing skills in area of specialty.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care programs.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.