Optima Dermatology is revolutionizing skin care. We take great pride in offering convenient access to expert dermatological care and providing an exceptional experience for our patients. Our commitment and service to our patients starts with our team. We are growing rapidly and looking for key team members who believe in our mission and want to make a difference in the lives of our patients. We foster an environment that is fun and hardworking and promise you will work alongside amazing colleagues who you are proud to call your teammates.
- Prepares exam rooms for patient use by cleaning the rooms between patients and ensuring that each room is stocked with the appropriate supplies. Prepares procedure trays as necessary.
- Escorts patient to exam room and checks vital signs as needed. Interviews patient to assess needs. Records reason for visit, current medications and takes temperature if necessary. Instructs patient how to prepare for physician's examination. Completes routine forms as appropriate.
- Assists physicians and other providers with patient procedures such as suture removal, wart and mole removal, minor surgeries, etc.
- Prepares specimens to be analyzed by an outside lab by packaging specimen appropriately, completing requisition form and contacting testing facility as necessary. Submits lab results to physician before contacting patient and filing patient's chart
- Schedules on-site and off‑site diagnostic tests and procedures by providing the patient with appropriate preparation instructions and making the appointment by phoning the patient or testing site. Records procedures ordered and tracks results.
- Facilitates referrals to other physicians by phoning their offices, making an appointment for the patient, and forwarding requested test results, etc.
- Contacts Hospital and outside sources regarding lab results, x‑ray results and ER reports; phones pharmacies to authorize prescriptions; contacts nursing homes regarding patient orders; contacts patients to relay test result information; and returns patients phone calls with the physician's recommendations for their care.
- Pre‑certifies medications and referrals by contacting the appropriate insurance professionals and providing them with the requested information. Records pre‑certification number in chart. Records and tracks all referrals.
- Takes manual inventory of drugs. Checks expiration dates and orders replenishments as needed. Orders supplies for back office as needed.
- Disinfects exam rooms and lab and straightens reception area daily.
- Performs all duties respectful of confidentiality and safety of all patients, employees, and physicians.
- Communicates with the physician and office manager on any and all issues that are vital to the improvement and continued success of the practice.
- Demonstrated ability in taking patient vitals, injection/immunization procedures, charting and documentation, exam room preparation, infectious waste handling, sterile techniques and routine lab procedures and collection
- Oral communication skills needed to develop patient rapport, discuss orders with patients, patient's family and pharmacies
- Written communication skills necessary for charting and documentation
- Demonstrated ability in handling patient confidentiality
- Ability to work with peers in a team situation
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served
- Licensed medical assistant (in OH) or further nursing degree
- Previous experience in a dermatology medical office preferred
- Experience utilizing Modernizing Medicine / EMA Electronic Medical Record (EMR) highly preferred