Optic is building a modern and developer-friendly version control workflow for APIs. Our open source tool automatically documents existing APIs, detects breaking changes, and help teams collaborate better through APIs. Imagine how amazing it would be if the tools we used for managing APIs (ie OpenAPI/Swagger) were as developer-friendly, easy to use, and ubiquitous, as the tools we use to manage our code (ie Git/GitHub) -- that's what we're building at Optic.
If you join us, you’ll be an early team member helping to shape:
- our culture
- product strategy, focus and direction
- our business and growth strategy
- engineering practices
- the people that we hire
We're backed by Boldstart, YCombinator and the founders of the developer tools you use daily.
🚀 Let's make APIs friendly for all developers
- What if every API (internal + external) had Stripe-style documentation?
- What if your team got all the benefits of OpenAPI, without having to write 10k line YAML files by hand?
- Why aren't API changes listed and discussed during Code Review?
- What if API consumers got notified about upcoming changes before they happened?
You are product-minded in your approach to building software and you want to understand our users and their problems inside and out. You thrive in an environment where running and measuring experiments is the norm, and questioning everything is encouraged. Optic’s culture is collaborative, team-centric, low-ego and high EQ and because of that, we are not looking for a “lone wolf.”
If you want to build developer-friendly tools, are looking for a 100% remote team, and excited about the prospect of having much of your work open-sourced and attributed to your GitHub profile, we’d love to connect!
- You enjoy architecting new systems and evaluating different technologies and their tradeoffs.
- You pick up new technologies quickly. We use Rust and Typescript today but since many of the services are novel, we're open to new stacks.
- You are strong in planning, designing and measuring the impact of new features and changes
- You understand (or have the desire to learn about) managing open source projects and their communities
- You always ask “why” and take the initiative to rethink things that are not working
- You understand the importance of (and enjoy) working closely with users and customers and working in tight feedback cycles
- You have experience working on remote + async teams and managing your own schedule + deliverables
How to Apply
Apply here and tell us why you're interested in working with us on Optic. Include whatever background information you have (like your resume, links to your Github, blog, or other projects you've worked on, a description of your past work, etc).
You can read more about our team, culture and values here https://useoptic.com/careers/
At Optic we strongly believe that the most diverse and inclusive teams build the world’s best products! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.