Why work at WAX?
Simple. Instant. Secure. Global.
WAX is the safest and most convenient way to create, buy, sell, and trade virtual items - to anyone, anywhere in the world.
Hundreds of millions of people around the globe already trade digital items. But the problems that plague the item trading community have stunted its growth far beneath its full potential. That's because the world of digital ownership today is defined by its restrictions. WAX is building a future to where it will be redefined by its freedom.
WAX is creating a full suite of blockchain-based tools that allows anyone to trade digital or even physical items instantly and securely, to anyone, anywhere. Participants of the Worldwide Asset eXchange gain access to a global community of collectors and traders, buyers and sellers, creators and gamers, merchants and game developers.
We're building the tools to create the future of digital ownership and trading through e-commerce blockchain technology, the first of its kind.
Our team is growing, and we’re looking to add a Technical Product Owner to help build a premier blockchain driven industrial scale e-commerce platform to drive new marketplaces.
You’ll work with cross-functional teams to understand the tools needed to operate the marketplace efficiently. You’ll care deeply about both the success of sellers, the experience of buyers and the shared value traders find on the P2P marketplace. You’ll help the engineering team model the performance of the marketplace to set better customer expectations, driving better outcomes.
This role reports directly to the CTO.
- Take ownership of large, complex, and highly technical projects that include product design, front end development, back end development, wax blockchain and data-intensive initiatives
- Engage directly and daily with delivery teams to develop, test and solve complex problems that drive the solution from initial concept to production
- Engage directly and daily with subject matter experts and WAX Head of Product to understand the product roadmap, feature set needed and delivery priorities
- Ensure product acceptance and readiness at key phases of the delivery cycle
- Document software requirements specifications in engineering documents in terms of living Product Requirement Documents, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for User Stories
- Use analytics and A/B testing to steer improvements, inform projects, and drive product decisions
- Work closely with the development team, Scrum Master and participate in Scrum meetings
- Use Agile principles to align teams with effective communication and transparency
- Collaborate with delivery teams on software architecture including 3rd party and internal integration architecture; APIs and Webhooks interface designs. Participate in data storage architecture designs for online systems, as well as, data lake and reporting requirements.
- May have to collaborate with developers and read code to reverse engineer and understand business login in legacy components.
- 3-5 years of product management experience in a fast-moving tech environment, preferably in P2P marketplaces.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Interpersonal skills; Emotional intelligence (EI), emotional leadership (EL),
- Ability to forge good working relationships with key stakeholders
- High bandwidth - you have no problem juggling multiple tasks at once
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- Have empathy, curiosity, and desire to improve and constantly learn
- Ability to manage detailed product briefs that drive the development plan from a business, experience, and technology standpoint.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
Nice to have:
- Blockchain and/or distributed systems
- Knowledge and familiarity with modern web architectures.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% remote
- Competitive Salaries
WAX is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms and/or any other firms that submit resumes to WAX without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.