Simple. Instant. Secure. Global.
WAX is the safest and most convenient way to create, buy, sell, and trade virtual items - to anyone, anywhere in the world.
Hundreds of millions of people around the globe already trade digital items. But the problems that plague the item trading community have stunted its growth far beneath its full potential. That's because the world of digital ownership today is defined by its restrictions. WAX is building a future to where it will be redefined by its freedom.
WAX is creating a full suite of blockchain-based tools that allows anyone to trade digital or even physical items instantly and securely, to anyone, anywhere.
Participants of the Worldwide Asset eXchange gain access to a global community of collectors and traders, buyers and sellers, creators and gamers, merchants and game developers.
Buy video game skins with confidence on a marketplace powered by WAX. Or build an online store with ease using our B2B tools. Find a buyer for your rare collectible sneakers who lives half a world away. We're building the tools to create the future of digital ownership and trading, and putting them in your hands. Come build it with us. What will you do with WAX?
Our team is growing, and we’re looking to add a Lead Frontend Engineer to enhance the WAX experiences as well as the platforms that support these.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an exceptional team of distributed engineers that are responsible for building and creating new solutions around the WAX platform, which allows millions of traders to create their own virtual stores on one decentralized platform, providing instant payments, security, and trusted service that will bring millions of new participants into a growing ecosystem.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to take proof of concept into a production-ready environment, while collaborating with backend engineers and product to optimize components across our various domains for maximum performance, including the development of our growing e-commerce ecosystem and shopping experience.
This role reports directly to the CTO.
- With your technical expertise, you will lead in the development of front-end architecture and code for web and eCommerce related projects, including leveraging your expertise in performance, automate testing, monitoring and more.
- Deliver Single Page applications within a Restful API environment
- Support our Agile methodology and current software engineering processes, to include recommending improvements.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related discipline
- 4+ years of engineering experience
- 2+ years demonstrated expertise in one or more modern JS frameworks (ie. ReactJS, VueJS)
- Significant experience with web performance best practices, measurement techniques, and building high-quality, high-performance, scalable web applications
- Ability to write thorough, scalable and clear design documentation
- Experience using version control systems (Git)
- Ability to work within a distributed team environment wearing multiple hats.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment.
Nice to have:
- PHP backend applications
- Frontend build tools (such as Webpack or Gulp)
- Redux experience
- Games, e-commerce, or payment gateway integration
- Blockchain and/or distributed systems
Benefits & Perks
- 100% remote
- Competitive Salaries
WAX is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms and/or other firms that submit resumes to WAX without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.