OPSkins is the world’s largest platform for video game virtual goods traders and is building a blockchain protocol called Worldwide Asset eXchange (WAX), designed to enable an unlimited number of marketplaces operated by individuals or small businesses to buy, sell and trade virtual goods at scale with just a few clicks.
As the Blockchain Solutions Architect at OPSkins, you will be responsible for collaboratively designing blockchain architecture powering WAX Platform. You will be part of a geographically distributed team of engineers who focus on WAX community and customers needs while building engineering excellence culture.
You will be working closely with VP of Engineering and your team to evaluate and select blockchain solution, technology stack and tools necessary to develop next generation WAX Platform that will power virtual goods exchange for users around the world. You will apply your deep mastery of designing distributed blockchain systems to lead by example the implementation of distributed proof of stake algorithms, smart contracts and distributed messaging protocols allowing implementation of business flows facilitating exchange of virtual goods at scale.
Your understanding of emerging blockchain technologies combined with your deep knowledge of designing and scaling high-concurrency and high-availability cloud based and/or on-prem platforms gives you a unique ability to shape the technology stack, as well as, user experience of marketplaces around the world. Finally, you are a thought leader in shaping WAX Platform as an open source community, building an ecosystem of core technologies and tools.
● Collaboratively design and lead implementation of WAX blockchain Delegated Proof of Stake algorithm, transaction processing and confirming node election protocols and business transactions flows using smart contracts and distributed messaging.
● Collaboratively design and lead implementation of interfaces and tools like APIs and SDKs allowing community adoption of the WAX Platform.
● You are a jack of all trades but master of few being able to code in either C++, Node.js, React.js, PHP. Working knowledge of Solidity, Ethereum Virtual Machine and Ethereum Whisper protocol is a big plus.
● Stay on the forefront of the latest technology stacks, while balancing delivery and engineering excellence values.
● Help in hiring and leading a diverse group of incredibly smart, mission-driven blockchain engineers.
● Shape and nurture a culture of openness, excellence, ingenuity, and passion as WAX continues to scale.
● This is a player-coach role requiring deep technical expertise, as well as technical leadership and hands-on coding abilities.
● Work directly with product management to deliver on an aggressive roadmap balancing both new releases and enhancement to the existing product always putting customer first while being engineering excellence champion.
● 8+ years experience designing and building high transaction volume, global, distributed applications.
● Experience working with blockchain platforms, designing and working with DPOS algorithms, smart contracts and distributed messaging systems.
● Working knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic applications is necessary to be successful in this role.
● Experience working with and designing low level communication protocols is a plus.
● Undergraduate degree in Computer Science (or similar) is required, Masters or PhD
● Prior experience working in geographically distributed teams is a must.
● Experience with Agile development process.
● Personality profile to fit into a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires
teamwork, and significant interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
● Low ego, humble and roll your sleeves up approach