Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
- Establish and refine deployment patterns and tooling for use by feature development teams, targeting Kubernetes / EKS, ECS, and Lambda, running on AWS.
- Write Terraform, yaml, and scripts to fully automate the deployment of services and environments.
- Continuously improve the observability of our tech stack by evolving the use of logs, metrics, tracing, dashboards, alerts, and integration of metrics with CD pipelines.
- Partner with other engineers to troubleshoot issues in production and other environments, identifying opportunities to improve automation.
- Migrate legacy technologies and environments to EKS or ECS on fully automated environments
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments, opportunistically improve observability and automation
- 5+ years of experience with at least one cloud platform such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- 5+ years of experience with at least one container orchestrator such as Kubernetes, ECS, or Swarm
- 5+ years of experience with at least one IAC / CM tool such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or SaltStack
- Familiarity with at least one CI / CD tool such as Harness, GitHub Actions, Spinnaker, Jenkins, or CircleCI
- Experience with at least one log/metrics / alerting tools such as DataDog, Sumologic, FluentD, Prometheus, ELK, or Splunk
- 5+ years of experience deploying to Linux-based environments
- 2+ years of experience leading initiatives
- Bonus experience: PostgreSQL, Security Scanning Tools, AWS Multi-Region configuration
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at firstname.lastname@example.org.