Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
OppLoans' Total Rewards & HR Technology team is an important area of the company and our growing People team reporting to the Senior Manager, Total Rewards & HR Technology. We are looking for an HRIS Analyst to join our team. You will report directly to the Senior Manager, Total Rewards & HR Technology and will meaningfully contribute to our new HRIS (UltiPro) implementation in 2021. You'll also ensure our organization can enhance the employee experience through the best use of HR Technology to support our growing business.
- Own access and workflow setup with our HRIS, Namely, and other HR Technology systems.
- Support our People and other teams in translating requirements into technical solutions using our HR Technology systems.
- Ensure data integrity of HRIS systems and update system data for new hires, terminations, and other changes.
- Support HRIS system integrations and ensure we are optimizing our technology in the most efficient manner.
- Perform HR Technology system audits to ensure data integrity.
- Work with the Payroll function to ensure updates to user records.
- Manage all reporting for the People team and work with users to ensure they have access relevant People information affecting their teams.
- Train users on HRIS system functionality and best practices. Answer all questions from users on how to use the system.
- Work with vendors on support related needs for all HR Technology systems.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Human Resources, or another quantitative field.
- 1-2 years of HRIS administration experience
- Solid Excel knowledge including Pivot Tables, V-lookups, and other analysis tools.
- Experience with UltiPro is highly preferred.
- Propose creative solutions toward business and people problems through the use of technology.
- Demonstrated ability to understand user requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at firstname.lastname@example.org.