Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading fintech company that powers banks to help middle income, credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path. As one of Chicago's fastest-growing startups, we've made the Crain's Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019, #8 in 2020), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (#86 in 2018, #91 in 2019), and we've been named to the Inc. 5000 five years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you will get to do:
You will support a growing FinTech Environment, reporting to the Director of Information Services. Working closely across the business, you'll get to support several business departments by identifying and managing important business systems. As a part of that work, you will...
- Manage and maintain an inventory of our business applications
- Manage multiple business systems and subsystems
- Ensure that systems follow relevant corporate policies
- Prepare budget information for ongoing ownership of systems you own
- Set up systems so they are usable by other departments in the way they like to work
- Support users in understanding how to integrate with and use the systems you own from an integration/design perspective
- Work with ITOps and Security to define the requirements for programmatic management tooling and integrations around the systems you own
- Define and manage the access and operations permissions for the system
- Provide any information requested by auditors on the systems you own
- Understand, optimize, and communicate the budget impact of technology systems changes
- Support business research into appropriate systems for new needs
- Coordinate implementation of new systems by:
- Facilitating priority understanding across departments supporting implementation work
- Preparing and submitting requests for other departments to help implement new systems
What you will bring to the team:
You will be focused on understanding our business well enough to manage the systems we use. To do that, you will likely have...
- Excellent project management skills
- Solid communication and documentation skills, written and verbal
- An ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Experience managing external vendors, including budget and price discussions
- Experience researching and implementing business systems
- At least 3 years working hands-on in technology, configuring very complex software systems, including APIs
- SQL and spreadsheet skills, especially Google Sheets
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our values, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and improve that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at email@example.com.