Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
Are you someone who is inspired by helping people learn new skills and seeing the results of that learning in how they perform? Are you looking for an opportunity to creatively apply your strengths in coaching, training, learning, instructional design, delivery, measurement, and facilitation in an environment that’s continually changing and never boring? Do you have a passion for moving fast, managing a team, developing impactful training & development strategies while working in a diverse and challenging company that’s making a difference in the world? If yes, the Senior Manager of Training and Development is the right fit for you.
The Senior Manager of Training and Development plays an essential role in establishing and defining the design of the internal training curriculum. Reporting to the Director of Originations Enablement they will identify the appropriate methodologies to provide tactical training and targeted learning strategies including e-learning, self-study, and instructor lead curricula. Additionally, they will lead a team of training associates and instructional designers.
- Manage, direct and lead a team of training managers and training associates
- Facilitate and manage training and development activities for employees. Develop tools and processes; including implementations strategies, and content strategies
- Build the training experience and understand how we can maximize learning; address the unique learning styles and needs of our internal staff
- Promote efforts in all aspects of employee development
- Develop internal training structure, roles, responsibilities, and measures for successful learning outcomes
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand needs; develop all training plans, materials, content, and delivery methods
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to develop appropriate training that directly improves the customer experience
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training outcomes, assess the quality of training events to improve learning activities
- Considers and has experience with alternative methods to traditional instructor-led training
What you will bring to the team:
- 5+ years in a training management role
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat, LMS, and other learning tools
- Advanced knowledge of training methodologies and adult learning theory
- Knowledge of instructional design and blended learning techniques
- Advanced facilitation and presentation skills
- Continuous process improvement methodology
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.