Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
OppLoans’ Strategy & Operations team is excited to recruit a rock star analytics associate to drive customer journey enhancement and operation optimization, and help build team capabilities for advanced analytics to support OppLoans’ profitable growth
- Improve the business. Build sophisticated reporting dashboards, algorithms, and analyses that breathe more intelligence into E2E customer journey transformation. Includes but not limited to loan automation, application conversion, collection effectiveness, omni-channel forecasting, process redesign, and contact optimization.
- Own projects end-to-end. Quantify the root cause, communicate findings, then design, test, and implement solutions.
- Use data to drive decisions. Use SQL, R, Python, and/or other programs to gather, clean, analyze, model, and report data.
- Be creative and resourceful. Create new ideas and gather business requirements for projects with minimal direction and oversight.
- Communicate. Create reporting, visualize data, and discuss ideas with experts and non-experts.
- Problem-solve. Work through vague and ambiguous to create a path forward.
- Ask questions. Challenge assumptions by asking provoking questions that incite new ideas.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, or computer science.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an analytics role
- High proficiency in SQL - able to write efficient and complex queries.
- Programming experience with Python/R - able to clean, analyze, and visualize data.
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts - statistical significance, confidence intervals, basic modeling
- Strong oral and written communication skills - confidently inform non-experts on your ideas and findings
- Experience in financial services sector and/or consulting preferred
- Experience in contact center omni-channel analytics would be a plus
- Experience in predictive modeling, machine learning, speech & text analytics would be a plus
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.