Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
You'll report directly to our Director of Bank Partnerships. The Bank Analyst will support the Director of Bank Partnerships in the day-to-day management of three bank partners.
- Build product knowledge around the OppLoans platform and bank-partner specific implementations
- Liaise with product, credit, marketing, legal and compliance team leads for all bank-related tech change requests, vendor approvals, marketing content review, etc.
- Attend weekly meetings with bank partners and drive open items to completion
- Actively track issue resolutions stemming from audits, testing and monitoring and product technical defects
- Support team with bank partner audit readiness efforts
What you will bring to the team:
- 2+ years of prior work experience in FinTech or financial services with a strong focus on technology
- Detail-oriented and organized with excellent follow-up skills
- Strong communication skills with confidence to interact directly with bank partner stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in an environment with competing priorities while under supervision from Director of Bank Partnerships
- Previous experience excelling in a remote work environment
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and troubleshoot with limited supervision while knowing when to ask for assistance
- The willingness to take on new tasks and broaden scope of responsibilities
- Proficient in Excel, JIRA, Slack, Monday and Trello
- Bachelor's degree required
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dress code is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
EEOC Statement: OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.