Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
- Reporting to the VP, Strategy & Operations you will, help develop and execute OppLoans’ strategy and support overall growth, profitability and E2E customer journey transformation
- Tackle abstract issues and solve complex problems with a structured data-driven approach and innovative mindset in a fast-paced environment
- Lead strategic initiatives from opportunity identification, prioritization, diagnostic, design, pilot, implementation and impact measurement with a variety of tools, including rapid digitization, zero-based design, process re-design with lean and automation, agile testing
- Initiate and own core KPIs, analytics, technology solutions, 3rd party data/services partnerships in relevant domain(s)
- Develop a team of 2-3 associates/analysts as direct reports
- Provide strategic and domain-specific thought leadership and partnership to senior leaders, cross-functional stakeholders and other S&O team members
- Influence at multiple levels, drive and facilitate organizational changes
What you will bring to the team:
- Superior problem-solving skills and structured thinking
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant working experience, including 2+ years of Management Consulting experience from a top-tier firm (e.g., McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Deloitte) with direct client engagement experience in driving digital/agile transformation in sales and service operations (esp. direct-to-consumer)
- Experience in Financial Services sector (e.g., banking, insurance, payment), FinTech, and/or knowledge with digital financial products and platforms preferred
- Experience in omni-channel contact center with Salesforce (SFDC) preferred
- Track-record of leading dynamic and high-performing teams and collaborating with executives and cross-functional stakeholders
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.