Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
We are looking for a Credit Reporting Analyst to join OppLoans’ expanding and dynamic Compliance department! You will report directly to the Manager of Compliance Assurance - Credit Reporting. You will primarily respond to direct and indirect disputes.
- Resolve indirect disputes through the e-OSCAR system, a platform where credit bureaus will forward disputes sent to them to the data furnisher.
- Resolve direct credit reporting disputes received from the customer either by phone, email, or letter.
- Work with our Training team to develop scripting for customer-facing agents and identify any areas for improvement.
- Determine cause of disputes by working with department owners across a variety of teams.
- Work with representatives from major credit bureaus to determine if reported information is reflecting as anticipated.
- Help develop reporting on dispute trending for members of our Leadership team.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1+ years experience reviewing sensitive information (customer documents, banking information), navigate and review accounts, notate findings, and track information.
- Learn federal regulations under which OppLoans operates; primarily the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), as well as the Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices Act (UDAAP), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Lending, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), as well as others as necessary.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficiency in G-Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Adaptable to rapid change.
- Identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Decision-making/reasoning skills.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of e-OSCAR system
- Experience with the Metro 2 format
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.