Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
As the Senior Lead, Employee Experience, you will lead the way for OppLoans to create a unique position as early adopters for the employee benefit and business imperative of the future: revolutionizing the employee experience and accelerating our growth in a virtual world. You will initially report to the Chief People Officer with a dotted line to the Vice President of Talent & DEI. In your role, you will:
- Use design thinking to build a best-in-class infrastructure for a remote and hybrid (office/remote) workforce that accelerates business results and reignites our culture.
- Advance technology, communication, training, and processes in partnership with key teams to deliver consistently outstanding collaboration, customer experience, and productivity across the company.
- Structure innovation challenges in partnership with the Leadership Team to engage and develop employees in solving complex business and people problems.
- Create and manage cross-company employee interest groups and peer circles to build connections across remote locations.
- Identify the unique strengths of our employee base to mentor and coach others for the purpose of knowledge transfer and meaningful connections.
- Collaborate with every people manager (85+) in partnership with HRBPs to create and refresh pulse survey action plans on a bi-annual basis and provide regular coaching and support.
- Partner with the Talent Development Team to ensure development and career programs and processes are built and executed in the context of a highly distributed workforce and from an equity and inclusion lens.
- Diagnose team by team pain points in virtual collaboration and develop customized and practical solutions to improve business productivity and performance.
- Optimize our employee benefits portfolio in partnership with Total Rewards Team as we scale and grow to a highly distributed, virtual >1K employee workforce.
What you will bring to the team:
- B.A. in Psychology, Business, Organizational Change, or related field
- 5+ years of experience leading culture and change initiatives
- Experience in driving organizational change in a high growth tech company
- Track record of leading teams to deliver transformational results
- Proven use of design thinking to solve complex and ambiguous problems
- Demonstration of creative thinking and applying innovative principals at work
- History of navigating challenges with an agile, strategic, and global mindset
- Passion for the future of work and implementing disruptive strategies
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.