Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
Reporting to the VP of Talent & Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), the DEI Lead will be responsible driving the strategic approach of our employee-led communities (ELCs), ensure that we have a broad and consistent variety of programming throughout the year, and make OppLoans a more equitable and welcoming culture.
- Create a strategic roadmap and calendar for cultural programs that promote interaction across departments and levels to celebrate OppLoans’ diversity and maximize employee involvement.
- Develop and lead the strategy for our ELCs by: outlining ELC lead expectations, design and deliver an ELC leader retreat, facilitating the creation and execution of their strategic plans, and continuing to invest in our ELC leader’s including executive sponsors’ capability to drive strategy
- Partner with HR leadership, the internal communications team, and leaders across departments to develop a comprehensive and consistent DEI communication strategy.
- Design and facilitate ongoing cultural programming and leverage employee culture champions to assist with event planning and to promote new connections.
- Define and track key metrics for measuring event attendance and overall success.
- Manage monthly events budget, using analysis to strategically allocate funds to ELC events, in-office and offsite events and programs, and charitable sponsorships.
- Coordinate logistics, materials, communications, food, travel, etc for various training and cultural events as needed.
What you will bring to the team:
- 3+ years of experience building and/or leading Business Resource Groups and driving DEI strategy
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute a variety of events from start to finish
- You have the ability to work in an dynamic and agile environment, meet deadlines, pay attention to detail
- A creative approach to solving problems that you use to innovate and challenge the status quo
- An ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities in order to have the highest impact.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate and build relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing a company budget.
- Experience using data to set and/or change strategy.
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dress code is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.