Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
Reporting to the Vice President, Growth Marketing, the Sr. Director, Marketing Analytics, will be responsible for leading the marketing analytics function and working across the organization to build and lead a best-in-class marketing measurement and insights department. OppLoans prides itself on being a data-driven company and this role will be a huge driver of maintaining and growing this critical aspect of our company’s success. As we look towards the next phase of growth at OppLoans we will be expanding the products we offer to our customers and this role will be pivotal in establishing new tracking and measurement for new lines of business and serve as a shared services analytics department for the marketing organization.
- Lead a team of analysts using data to solve business problems and fuel the marketing team with the necessary information to make smart business decisions.
- Act as the analytic hub for optimizing acquisition spend and resources across the entire set of acquisition channels including Partners, Digital, Direct Mail, Email, etc.
- Drive insights and optimization recommendations across paid, owned and earned media
- Work with leadership across multiple functions (credit, finance, technology, etc) in creating tracking, measurement, reporting and dashboards for new initiatives and lines of business
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure data, tracking and measurement is accurate and systems are optimized
- Use your curiosity to dig deep into trends and help find and appropriately prioritize solutions to business challenges and new opportunities
- Partner with Product and Tech departments to evaluate, select, and implement new marketing technology platforms to fuel growth and optimization
- Lead high-level analysis for the organization in the area of forecasting, growth and engagement, and strategies and tactics to drive growth.
What you will bring to the team:
You’re curious by nature and are great at using data to find answers to business challenges – both big and small. You are methodical, skeptical and proactive in how you bring new insights and ideas to the table. You enjoy simultaneously having both high-level strategy discussions and very detailed data discussions. You have experience leading a shared-services analytics team and have maybe even helped build one in the past. You have 10+ years of experience developing analytic solutions and have progressive experience working collaboratively across organizations to implement tracking, measurement, and reporting solutions. You’re a whiz in Excel and have 10+ years of direct experience using web analytics and BI tools such as Periscope, Snowflake, Heap, Google Analytics, etc.
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.