Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading fintech company that powers banks to help middle income, credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path. As one of Chicago's fastest-growing startups, we've made the Crain's Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019, #8 in 2020), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (#86 in 2018, #91 in 2019), and we've been named to the Inc. 5000 five years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
As a member of the Salesforce Engineering team, you will support a growing FinTech Environment, reporting to the Salesforce Development Manager. Our FinTech platform is built on Salesforce including our Origination and Servicing flows. Using Salesforce as a Platform - we use Service Cloud, Einstein Bots, LWC, Platform Events, Live Agent, and much more. We are also focused on automation and working with the latest Salesforce technologies; we have implemented Sandbox Spinup automation, full automation regression, automated data snapshot testing, and are rolling out new ways to improve our platform and development processes. You will also get to…
- Design/develop software on our Salesforce platform.
- Partner with business operations to turn requirements into technical solutions.
- Develop 3rd party APIs and integrations with dozens of internal and external services.
- We want you to grow your skills with us! Our team manages our own internal training, with budgets for classes, conferences, books, and materials.
- Mentor other junior members as the team grows.
- Desire for continuous improvement in the organization and yourself.
What you will bring to the team:
The Salesforce Engineering team is an essential contributor to the health of the services we provide for our customers. Preferred experience using the force.com platform as a developer. You will have:
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com developer toolkit including Apex, LWC, and Migration Tools (Ant and Salesforce CLI)
- Visual Studio Code w/ Salesforce DX Extension Suite
- Salesforce CLI
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our values, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and improve that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pretax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dresscode is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.