Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is a digital banking platform that puts its 1.9 million members' financial goals within reach. With intelligent borrowing, savings, budgeting, and spending capabilities, Oportun empowers members with the confidence to build a better financial future. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $15.5 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2.3 billion in interest and fees, and helped our members save an average of more than $1,800 annually. For more information, visit Oportun.com.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups.
- You lead the end-to-end delivery of complex software applications, ensuring adherence to best practices and high overall quality standards.
- You create frameworks and abstractions that lessen the workload of other engineers. Your documentation and tutorials enable other teams to leverage your work independently. You identify and resolve improvements in test coverage for end-to-end business flows across multiple systems (and teams). You introduce new tools, techniques, and coding patterns to other engineers, some of which may be developed by yourself, and drive this change to other teams.
- You drive technical decision-making, contribute to, and sometimes lead, architectural discussions, and propose innovative solutions to address complex technical and/or systemic architectural challenges. You collaborate across teams and build systems to address architectural gaps.
- You take ownership of critical projects and initiatives, providing project leadership, and ensuring successful delivery through effective project management and communication. You engage with stakeholders across the group, understanding their needs and working through the complexity and conflicting goals.
- You have the ability to provide a clear and concise explanation of business strategy, technical concepts, designs or implementation to a non-technical audience. You collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and fellow engineers to gather and translate business requirements into efficient and scalable software solutions. You have a track record of leading cross-team efforts that deliver meaningful results across engineering, product, and/or design. You work through technical, organizational and scheduling complexity to align teams and deliver results in a positive way for the people and teams involved. Your interactions build trust and speed at scale into our organization.
- You are the technical thought leader of the team, and provide necessary guidance and mentorship to senior team members whenever required.
- You play the key technical counterpart to an engineering manager with a larger team; you can provide effective feedback to engineering managers at all levels to identify and help address gaps in their teams.
- You successfully advocate for technologies and processes that make multiple teams more efficient.
- You conduct rigorous code reviews, offering valuable feedback to maintain code quality, performance, and maintainability.
- You continuously identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains within the software development lifecycle.
- You stay informed about emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices, and proactively introduce relevant advancements to enhance our products and services.
- 10+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or a Master's degree with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of delivering sophisticated software solutions in a leadership capacity with high quality.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, with a passion for tackling complex technical and business problems. challenges.
- Mastery over data structures, algorithms, and software design principles.
- Demonstrated experience in web application development, Java, Micro services, Spring boot, Spring Framework, RESTful APIs, Hibernate
- Ability to quickly learn new systems/requirements, and create POCs and develop code.
- Experience in relational databases like MySQL, MariaDB and SQL
- Solid grasp of version control systems, such as Git.
- Knowledge in OAuth2
- Proven ability to mentor and lead a team of engineers, fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, with a track record of effectively collaborating in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS or Azure, is highly desirable.
- Experience in working on Authentication and Authorization with any Identity Providers
- Experience in automation with Web Driver IO
- Knowledge/experience in working with DevOps/CICD
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all qualified applicants for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other category protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
California applicants can find a copy of Oportun's CCPA Notice here: https://oportun.com/privacy/california-privacy-notice/.
We will never request personal identifiable information (bank, credit card, etc.) before you are hired. We do not charge you for pre-employment fees such as background checks, training, or equipment. If you think you have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as us, please report your experience to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).