From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem; Optimism's network improves Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation. We believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs is able to align its private incentives with public good and take positive-sum steps to provide a sustainable future for the internet.
We’re looking for a technical leader to own and grow Optimism’s core development program. This individual will be responsible for stewarding development of the OP Stack by coordinating between high-caliber engineering organizations across the Collective. This role requires a unique blend of engineering leadership, technical expertise, and open source management skills.
- Work with product, engineering, and the Optimism Foundation to create and maintain a comprehensive roadmap for the OP Stack
- Work with product and engineering to define requirements and product specifications
- Coordinate between OP Labs and external core development teams to assign projects, drive progress, unblock teams, and ensure quality delivery of key roadmap features
- Work across functions to ensure we deliver smooth, complete product launches
- Act as the DRI for core developer relationships by providing them with resources, support, and direction
- Leverage their technical expertise to spot timeline risks early, and work with the team to avoid them
- Prioritize and communicate changes in project scope and objectives to adapt to new information
- Be a central conduit for information, ensuring messages flow smoothly between OP Labs, core developers, and the Optimism Foundation
- Communicate broadly with the Optimism community to share progress and create awareness of upcoming technical milestones
- Keep Labs leadership and the Optimism Foundation informed of progress
- Support protocol upgrade governance proposals by writing documentation, answering questions, hosting community calls, and generally creating buy-in throughout Token House and Citizens’ House voters/delegates
- Experience coordinating and delivering complex large-scale software projects. Maybe you’ve worked as a principal engineer, engineering manager, CTO, or technical program manager
- Strong technical background with a solid understanding of web3 software development, blockchain platforms, and system design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Experience with core development processes or open source software maintenance is a plus, but not required
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.