From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
The OP Labs security team is hiring an innovative Solidity security engineer to support our internal Protocol team, Ecosystem team, and external dApp developers in building secure smart contracts.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Lead smart contract security strategy and implementation at OP Labs
- Implement Solidity and EVM program analysis
- Own and strengthen smart contract DevSecOps platform (e.g. smart contract analysis, upgrades and multisig operations)
- Work cross-functionally with Security, DevInfra, Protocol and Ecosystem engineering teams at OP Labs to support smart contract security best practices
What skills do you bring?
- Extensive (5+ years) of software engineering experience and a strong grasp of CS and distributed systems fundamentals
- 2+ years of Solidity experience
- Deep familiarity with Ethereum and the EVM required
- Experience contributing to open source projects, ideally related to smart contract security, Solidity/EVM program analysis or smart contract operations platforms
- Experience developing DevSecOps platforms for production-grade smart contract development
- Experience breaking complex smart contract & client systems into modular components to limit blast radius of security vulnerabilities
- Experience contributing to ERCs for standard contract interfaces (e.g. ERC-173, ERC-1967) a plus
- Experience auditing or bounty hunting a plus
- Comfortable writing clear and concise design docs that the rest of the team can consume and implement
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.