From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
As OP Labs' first Head of Developer Relations, you’ll be responsible for setting the developer relations strategic direction in partnership with the Head of Marketing, and executing against that plan. In this role you will build and scale a team of Developer Relations Managers to bring values aligned builders into the Optimism ecosystem and ensure partners can launch their apps seamlessly. Working closely with the broader marketing team, product, community, and partnerships, the Head of Developer Relations will not only share the wonders of the Optimism ecosystem with the developer community, they’ll also be the voice of the developer community back into Optimism. You’ll collaborate with our Head of Community and partnerships team to ensure the needs of the community are reflected on the roadmap and that we always deliver products with best-in-class developer experience.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Create and execute on a strategy to elevate Optimism’s developer experience
- Identify, measure and report on developer experience metrics
- Deeply understand and empathize with developer’s needs and advocate for them
- Showcase the Optimism protocol and highlight new apps and use cases across mediums
- Ideate hackathons that grow the ecosystem of values aligned builders on Optimism
- Work closely with partnerships to onboard new partners in under one month
What skills do you bring?
- A track record of running successful developer relations programs at a brand that developers love
- Experience working cross-functionally and building systems that scale with the organization’s needs
- Curiosity to uncover pain points and needs of developers, and the ability to effectively translate these into product improvements
- Crypto, Web3, and blockchain experience isn’t required, but a passion for learning new technologies and understanding what engages and interests our community is critical
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.