From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
We're looking for a Senior Accountant who's excited to immerse themselves in Web 3 accounting and finance to help manage and influence how we develop our ecosystem. At Optimism you will not only learn how to manage Web2 finances but be on the cutting edge of Web3 governance and tokenonmics development. Join our team and get ready to fall down the Optimism rabbit hole.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Work with a sense of urgency to support the Financial Controller
- Create clearly documented SOPs for crypto, grant distributions and general financial processes
- Interact with outsourced accounting team to ensure proper close of books and identify areas of unusual activity
- Register and pay taxes for state and federal levels including filing all necessary forms to ensure compliance
- Manage day to day financial activities like bill pay, expense reimbursements and cash management.
What skills do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree, 1-2+ years experience as an accountant at a high growth startup or Big 4 accounting firm
- Hyper organized with extreme attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to understand and explain contract terminology
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts (revenue recognition, depreciation, intangible assets, capitalization)
- Strong time and project management skills
- Able to work in a flexible manner across time zones and business teams
- Experience in web3 is a plus but not required. Should have Interest in Web3
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.