From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Oversee a team of engineers dedicated to building the Optimism core protocol.
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity—build and reinforce a shipping culture
- Manage team career development by coaching and mentoring engineers though continuous feedback, goal setting and development plans
- Collaborate closely with product team to set engineering priorities
What skills do you bring?
- 2+ years of people management experience at a high-growth startup
- Strong working knowledge of cryptocurrency protocols
- Experience building crypto/web3 products specifically in the Ethereum ecosystem—experience in Go and Solidity strongly preferred
- Experience recruiting and building high-performing engineering teams
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams
- Experience managing and developing both junior engineers as well as senior individual contributors
- Ability to balance protocol design with user needs and contribute to product roadmap conversations
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment in a rapidly evolving, cutting edge industry
- Clear and persuasive writing and in-person communication
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.