From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
We are hiring a Head of Product to oversee all product lines and drive the vision for the end-to-end Optimism experience. The person in this role will manage a team tasked with developing an intimate understanding of the OP Developer and building for the future. They will work closely with OP Leadership to refine our technical roadmap, championing the needs developers and acting as the area expert of the Ethereum ecosystem.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Work with leadership to develop a compelling and measurable product strategy
- Lead the organization in developing a nuanced understanding of developer and consumer users
- Inspire and mentor a team of product managers, designers, and data scientists.
- Focus on data to draw insights and identify gaps in developer & end-user experience, drive developer adoption, and drive end-user engagement
You may be a fit if:
- You have experience managing product teams.
- You have strong opinions about the future of Ethereum scaling.
- You have experience shipping crypto applications users love.
- You’re biased towards action, and you roll up your sleeves to get things done when the situation calls for it.
- You’re an inspiring communicator, in writing and in person, whether you’re talking to a founder, a community member, or the CEO.
- You’re curious and like to learn new things, whether they’re nuanced perspectives from our users, new financial primitives, or new skills.
- You can work synchronously in all or most of North American waking hours.
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.