From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only do we improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, we donate 100% of the profits generated from doing so to Ethereum public goods. We do this because we believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation we're able to align private incentives with public good and create a positive-sum economic model that provides a sustainable future for the internet.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our growing Developer Infrastructure Pod. The goal of the Pod is to build the best development experience in crypto to support both internal and external open-source contributors. An ideal candidate is high-agency and excited about ownership of internal tooling and infrastructure.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Support internal developer productivity
- Optimize continuous integration build and test times
- Contribute to the core development of the Optimism protocol, with an emphasis on internal tooling and infrastructure
- Work with the engineering team and Infra team lead to tighten the development feedback loop
- Ensure our development stack works well for everyone on the team and for external open-source contributors
What skills do you bring?
- Experience working with Docker and optimizing Docker builds
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience working with NodeJS and TypeScript
- Experience working with Go
- Experience with publishing, distributing, and maintaining optimized NPM modules
- Experience making software work on a variety of platforms and operating systems with emphasis on resource usage and monitoring
- Willingness to learn from and adapt to the needs of your teammates
- Desire to build a fantastic development experience for internal and external teams relying on our code
- Familiarity with monorepo based software development
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.