Who We Are
OpenTeams is the services marketplace where open source software users can find, vet, and contract with service providers. At OpenTeams we believe in a culture of do-ers, learners, and collaborators. We are looking for people who are motivated, humble, curious, and respectful of others. In order to meet the demands of our high growth business, we are looking for talented individuals to provide insights, solutions, and strategy to our internal leadership team and client partners.
OpenTeams is looking for a full-time remote Senior Program Manager to join our growing team of project management professionals for the Project Success division. The mission of the Project Success team is to ensure distributed engineering teams are delivering high-quality, innovative, and impactful technical solutions that excite our customers. OpenTeams connects companies to the open source communities who create and maintain the software to support their business objectives.
We are an experienced group with BIG dreams so there is a ton of opportunity to grow with the organization. We are headquartered in Austin, TX but we are a distributed team so the position can be remote within the U.S.
What You Will Do
The Program Manager will provide leadership and operational support for the Project Success division. We are a small (but growing) nimble team so we need someone who is experienced in both delivery and strategy. The primary responsibility is to ensure delivery of open-source technical solutions to our customers through scope, budget, and resource management. You will provide project management support for our Partners and their projects while helping to drive our strategic initiatives that support hyper-growth. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced dynamic environment, collaborate as a team player, and be capable of delivering results as both a leader and as an individual contributor. We are looking for someone who is experienced in developing project success frameworks and tools to deliver innovative solutions at scale.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven with a proven ability to drive operations through data analysis, and prioritize actions based on data insights
- Experience leading customer-facing projects
- Experience managing technical projects
- Creates order and clarity for project teams
- Self-driven and results-focused
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excels in cross-team collaboration
- A “hands-on” and “can do” attitude that influences through collaboration and leadership
- Apply best-practice methodologies and tools in program management.
- Manage cross-functional teams and business stakeholders to ensure deliverables are achieved.
- Coordinate and lead multiple projects throughout the project lifecycle: project kickoffs, implementation, reporting, and close-out.
- Identify issues and risks; initiate mitigation and corrective actions strategies as appropriate.
- Monitor and report project performance against defined goals and objectives.
- Work with resource managers, sales and technical leads to renew project work.
- Accountable for developing scalable and automated business processes.
- Supports leaders in cultivating a strong Project Success culture.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- PMP/PgMP Certification and 8+ years of experience in program/project management, preferably in technology
- Experienced in managing delivery of customer-facing project management teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop and scale business processes to align with revenue growth
- Experience in strategic planning for scale and growth
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical, problem-solving, and organizational abilities
- Success working in a team environment, interfacing with remote groups
- Experience in risk analysis and mitigation processes
- An understanding of open source software and their communities
- Experience as a PM for a professional services and/or software development company
- Product development management experience
- Scrum certification
- Six Sigma Certification
** Please note: A cover letter is required as part of the job application
Why You Should Join
You'll become an important part of a collaborative, remote-first team. We are a passionate and ambitious team, with a proven record of success building multiple companies. We strive to provide a working environment that gives you room to learn and grow. OpenTeams is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer competitive compensation, and comprehensive benefits package including:
- 100% of employee's medical, dental, and vision premiums
- Company contributions toward employee HSA’s
- 401K plan
- 6 weeks of PTO a year (Vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated and modeled.)
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for recruitment, interviews, employment, training, compensation, promotion, and related activities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any and all other protected classes and in accordance with all applicable laws.