With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
OpenTable is looking for a highly motivated and expert Information Security Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the security and protection of the company's information assets and infrastructure. Do you have a passion for security? Here, you’ll facilitate the advancement of our security program. This role will be key to developing the goals and mission for the security program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in definition of security requirements for the implementation of new applications and projects
- Assist in conducting risk assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls and determine the impact of proposed changes to business processes, applications and systems
- Provide technical support to regulatory agencies, external auditors, and internal auditors, as required, to respond to audits
- Execute new initiatives to simplify, standardize and optimize threat supervising operations methods and tools to reduce analysis and reporting times and increase security, availability, and service agility
- Support development of security operations playbooks to ensure threat detection, monitoring, response, and forensics activities align with standard processes, minimize gaps in detection and response, and provide comprehensive mitigation of threats
- Provide tooling for investigations and deep analysis of security events passionate about rapid containment, remediation, and mitigation
- Research new and emerging threats; build and implement required action plans
- Implement on-premise, cloud-based, enterprise scale, and SaaS software solutions and associated infrastructure and technology components
- You have 5-7 years experience in Information Security
- You are able to write code and take pride in automating mundane tasks
- You are proficient at the command line and know your way around the major operating systems
- You have experience with IaC: Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Chef, etc.
- You have experience configuring and using a SIEM: Splunk, Elasticsearch, etc. Experience with message queues like RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka is considered a plus
- You know how to spin up a docker container, and how to troubleshoot issues. Familiarity with Kubernetes is a plus.
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment
- You have shown understanding of enterprise security standard processes and compliance frameworks
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness
- You adapt to change, accept bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking
- You're an educator. You have a passion for mentor and investing in the improvement of your team.
- You build energy and an environment that champions trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent
- Paid Time Off - 20 days a year
- Birthday/celebration PTO - 1 day
- Annual company weeks off
- Flexible sick time off
- Paid volunteer time
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Group RRSP and DPSP
- Major Medical Insurance (dependent care options)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.