With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
OpenTable is the industry leader in empowering great dining experiences, and the Fraud Team is a key partner in making sure our product offerings are safe and trusted by our users. Our ability to effectively handle risk, while enabling streamlined experiences, is an imperative element of the company. We are passionate about crafting methodologies and processes to mitigate losses and add new value to the business. If you share this passion, get passionate about making a trusted platform, and can deliver an exceptional service in a fast-paced environment, then this role may serve up exactly what you are looking for.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading and empowering the team responsible for preventing and investigating payment fraud on the OpenTable platform. You will own payment fraud operations to minimize financial loss and mitigate chargeback risk to the platform and our restaurants. In addition to leading the team and their daily tasks, the manager will be responsible for maintaining the current function, and working with collaborators to build intelligent and scalable solutions. We’re looking for a highly organized and efficient professional who is capable of prioritizing multiple responsibilities. This highly visible role will report to the Sr. Fraud Manager, under OpenTable’s Security Team, while collaborating closely with the Commerce line of business.
- Manage a team responsible for preventing payment related fraud, supporting customers with fraud-related issues, running chargeback risk, and being responsible for certain payment-related operations
- Lead, develop, and strengthen a team of fraud analysts and specialists through hands on training and creation of reference and training materials
- Develop and optimize fraud-related processes and find opportunities to reduce financial loss
- Assist in defining, monitoring, and tracking of various KPIs and SLAs
- Willingness to deep dive into data and make data-driven decisions
- Respond to real-time fraud attacks against the platform using both internal and external tools
- Optimize our payment flows for the highest level of customer experience and payment acceptance to improve overall user experience, while appropriately handling risk
- Collaboration with partners including product managers, designers, and software engineers to design the tools vital to further automate and streamline our processes
- Support core payments methods and processors and also those established through partnership
- Interact with outside partners (e.g., fraud prevention providers, processors/acquires, card brands, issuers, payment partners) to address issues while also finding long term solutions
- Handle the efficacy of external vendors & services used for fraud prevention & chargeback operations
- Provide subject matter knowledge and interpretation of procedures to less expert staff
- Regularly provide updates to senior management and company leaders on the efficacy of the fraud & risk management program through ad-hoc analysis, reports, presentations, and special projects
- Remain current on emerging fraud trends, industry standard processes, and payment regulation
- Bachelor’s degree is required with a concentration in business, mathematics, finance, criminology, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years working in fraud prevention, risk management, or trust & safety with hands-on fraud investigation, fraud/payment operations or management experience for a technology company
- Minimum of 2 years developing a team of fraud analysts or specialists
- Strong understanding of ecommerce payments landscape and experience with fraud vendors and payments technology; experience with digital goods or a marketplace is a plus
- Sound understanding of fraud trends, global practices, credit card industry regulations, Data Protection, PII, PCI DSS
- Experience working with payment providers such as Stripe, Adyen, PayPal, Braintree; experience with point of sale systems is a plus
- Technical proficiency with GSuite, Salesforce, Jira, Kibana, MicroStrategy, Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables, formulas, filtering/sorting)
- SQL or related experience
- Highly meticulous individual with exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze information and make data-driven decisions
- Ability to dedicatedly prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Hardworking self-starter who looks for opportunities to learn and grow; highly self-motivated
- Ability to collaborate well and confident enough to communicate to a broad audience
- Passion for training and developing employees
- Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills; English proficiency is a must
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment, including willingness to work nights/weekends during peak times/seasons
- Paid Time Off - 20 days a year
- Birthday/celebration PTO - 1 day
- Annual company weeks off
- Flexible sick time off
- Paid volunteer time
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Group RRSP and DPSP
- Major Medical Insurance (dependent care options)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.