With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
Do you have a passion for security? OpenTable is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Principal Information Security Engineer. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the security and protection of the company's information assets and infrastructure. The Principal Information Security Engineer will also be a key player in developing the goals and mission of the security program and facilitating its advancement. This person will also:
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and system security
- Collaborate and make proposals across several teams on cross-functional security initiatives
- Teach, guide, and mentor new and existing team members
- Play a central role in technical, business, and organizational contributions affecting the company
- Provide a point of escalation for security incidents
- Define security requirements for the implementation of new applications and projects
- Assist in conducting risk assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls and determine the impact of proposed changes
- Provide technical support to regulatory agencies, external auditors, and internal auditors
- Develop and implement new initiatives to simplify, standardize and optimize threat monitoring operations methods
- Create and implement new tools to reduce analysis and reporting times and increase security, availability, and service agility
- Manage and support the development of security operations playbooks to ensure threat detection, monitoring, response
- Provide tooling for complex investigations and deep analysis of security events focused on rapid containment, remediation, and mitigation
- Architect and implement on-premise, cloud-based, enterprise-scale, and SaaS software solutions and the associated infrastructure and tech components
Please apply if you:
- Demonstrable experience securing cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Have hands on experience with Kubernetes security
- Are a critical thinker and seek to understand the business and its control environment
- Have a solid understanding of enterprise security best practices and compliance frameworks
- Believe insight and objectivity are core elements to assure the effectiveness and efficiency of governance, risk management, and internal control processes
- A steadfast focus on quality and timeliness
- Embrace bold ideas and are intellectually curious; you like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking
- Develop influential relationships based on shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit’s value proposition
- Are an educator - you have a passion for coaching and invest in the improvement of your team
- Lead through change with candor and optimism
- Create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging
If you are a highly motivated and experienced information security professional with a passion for security, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable—
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”