With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
OpenTable is looking for a strong leader, experienced with leading data analytics at a leading technology corporation. OpenTable has a robust data warehouse team and infrastructure. We are looking for someone who can realize a self-service data platform for the needs of all partners across the business. Experience working across the organization, aligning with partners and staying ahead of business needs is key to success in this role. The ideal candidate is data infrastructure expert, with automation expertise to ensure data flowing through the platform is accurate and dependable. The ideal candidate also knows how to collaborate with business partners, and how to steer data strategy across an organization.
- Works directly with the engineering team to build, change or modify any required systems/application interfaces to orchestrate business data pipelines from the production infrastructure into the data warehouse
- Understands and Applies modern software engineering principles to the world of data. Continuous integration, automated testing and automated processes. Knows how to build and lead an organization that is “first to know” when an issue arises.
- Responsible for all metadata relating to OpenTable's overall data warehouse architecture, descriptions of data objects, access methods and security requirements
- Mentors data engineers on best practices and standards for data modeling and leaders within the team to help them grow
- Works closely with the business organization to define and provide business critical data. The goal for the DAG group at OpenTable is provide self-service access to all key business data to the organization, to a community of data specialists across the organization (folks with data analytics expertise) as well as the broader organization, people without data analytics skills.
- 8+ years of experience in the Data Analytics field, and at least three years of experience leading Data efforts within an organization.
- Experience with large Operational Data Store, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence databases
- Experience with Snowflake, Apache Airflow, Postgres and SQL Server
- Design and Develop ETL Jobs for Data Integration
- Experience with user-facing analytics platforms: Tableau or Superset
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to express sophisticated data issues to tam members
- Programming experience with scripting languages such as Java, or Python ideal
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.