With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
In this role, you will:
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our product design team. You’ll work closely with a globally distributed team of product managers, product & brand designers, engineers, and data scientists to craft experiences that will meaningfully impact diners and restaurants around the world.
You will be a design partner embedded in our Discovery & Marketplace team, who is behind the crucial part of the dining journey where diners discover restaurants, Experiences, and all the content that OpenTable has to offer, making our product exciting and inspiring for new and returning customers.
You will work to create, evolve and develop new experiences for diners, while balancing the needs of our users, restaurants, and the business. You will be expected to collaborate with other designers whilst navigating the full range of a product designer’s work—from research to high-fidelity designs. On some days you will be sketching ideas and launching experiments as A/B tests, and others you’ll be conducting research or running a team workshop.
Learn more about how we work at opentable.design
***This role can be fully remote anywhere in the UK***
Please apply if:
- In the role of Product Designer, you enjoy translating complex workflows into elegant and accessible user experiences.
- You are capable of working through all stages of the design process, from gathering insights with user research and building and testing prototypes to visual design and working collaboratively with product managers and engineers to deliver the experience.
- You are eager to learn to continuously value introspection to improve yourself, your team, and your products. You proactively seek and incorporate direction from senior team members.
- You have a creative approach and open mind to solving problems. You love challenges and can lead a small project independently while being open to feedback.
- You are a great teammate and can drive the collaboration between individuals. You can actively contribute to group conversations and help shape decisions.
- You have a various range of tools and know how to apply them within the process to clearly articulate your design rationale. You can manage your time effectively and deliver against agreed upon commitments.
- Your portfolio demonstrates your problem-solving skills and interaction design skills through a breadth of great product design work across web and mobile platforms.
What else would make you stand out?
- Experience in the restaurant industry and a passion for food and dining
- Experience working cross platform
- Experience working on dual-market products
- Experience with A/B testing
And if you aren’t sure you meet all the above requirements, we’d still love to hear from you.
- Vacation: you accrue 25 days a year or 33 days for our CSR Team
- One Celebration Day per calendar year
- Private Health & Dental and Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pension Fund
- Gym Discount
- Season Loan Ticket
- Reimbursable eye tests and 100 GBP contribution towards VDU glasses only
- Perkbox & Booking.com business discounts
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at OpenTable
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Remote work allowed