With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and increase revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also join a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about looking after others. You’ll work in a welcoming environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
OpenTable is seeking a Senior Android Software Engineer who will be responsible for driving the development of our product features, our architecture and the standard methodologies of our Android phone product. As a part of the team, you’ll collaborate with a hard-working and diverse group of engineers, designers, and product managers who are committed to building scalable, and high-value features for restaurants. We are looking for an engineer that is passionate about developing groundbreaking mobile applications with experience in the Android platform and to contribute to our iOS platform.
The OpenTable for Restaurants mobile team is responsible for building products aimed at restaurant owners and managers to help them manage their restaurants from anywhere in the world on their Android or iOS phones.
To learn more about GuestCenter for Owners offering: https://restaurant.opentable.com/products/features/owner-app
In this role, you will:
- Analyse, plan, and design feature projects into small and value-based delivery iterations.
- Work with designers to build an outstanding UI.
- Collaborate with multiple backend teams to craft API solutions that meet a feature’s need.
- Promote and drive quality as a first principle by helping us evolve our unit and regression testing practice, facilitate architecture and code reviews, and improve our continuous integration continuous delivery capability.
- Provide support and analysis of production incidents.
- Continuously provide mentorship and guidance to team members.
Please apply if:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- 3+ years of Android development experience.
- Experienced evaluation and working with different toolkits, frameworks and architectures.
- Familiar with (and deep experience in two or more of): MVP, Networking, Multi-threading, SOLID, Reactive, Dependency injection.
- A passion for the Android platform, design principal and standard methodologies.
- A strong understanding of modular code and testing capabilities for unit and instrumented tests.
- Experience building with Kotlin and an understanding of Java.
- Architectures e.g. MVP and MVVM
- RxJava, Retrofit, OkHttp and Dagger
- Written tests for Android with JUnit and Espresso
- Worked on a sophisticated application passionate about continuous delivery
- Worked with web backends using Java or Node.js
- Built with Android Jetpack
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work.
- Mental Health Well-being: 6 company-paid therapy sessions, subscription to a meditation app, well-being speaker series and resources.
- Annual Health and Wellness Reimbursement.
- 1 floating day off per year to celebrate your birthday or another occasion of your choice!
- Company-wide weeks off each year: the whole team recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!).
- Paid volunteer time.
- Monthly catered office events.
- Learning and Development opportunities.
- Universal Paid Parental leave.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and an environmeythat is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is essential to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform job responsibilities, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
#LI-remote "open to remote work" #LI-EK1