With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
In this role:
As a Senior Product Designer on Availability Planning, you’ll get to:
- Lead initiatives that give restaurant operators seamless ways to run their restaurants efficiently
- Identify new product enhancements and opportunities using systems thinking to scale solutions across our platform
- Become an expert in restaurant operator workflows by facilitating research with restaurant owners and staff
- Work closely with an inquisitive collaborative team of product designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver experiences that help restaurants make the most of their resources and tables to provide the best hospitality for their guests
Please apply if:
You enjoy solving complex design challenges and have strong visual and interaction design skills. You have an outstanding portfolio that showcases a breadth of product design work. You also have:
- At least 3-5 years of product design experience or other relevant design experience
- Expertise in Figma and other prototyping tools
- A high level of confidence and an eye for detail when driving design direction
- Experience leading and facilitating workshops with cross-functional partners
- Strong design skills and solving complex B2B workflows
- Strong product and business thinking
- Great timely written and verbal communication skills
- Great visual and interaction design skills
- The ability to manage ambiguity by validating assumptions through user interviews and testing of designs
- The ability to synthesize research findings that help drive product vision
- Negotiation and prioritization skills, and can break down design work into measurable outcomes
- Experience working closely with product and engineering in an agile environment
If you think you are qualified for this role but don’t tick every box, please apply for the role. The perfect candidate doesn’t exist.
When applying, please include a resume (including a password to your portfolio) and a PDF or link to an online portfolio. Here’s our guide for how to nail design portfolios and presentations.
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable—
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.