With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
OpenTable is passionate about restaurants - serving the restaurant industry is part of our origin story, and we continue to be committed to helping restaurants create outstanding hospitality experiences. We are growing our product marketing team, and are excited to find the right leaders to join us in helping our restaurant community do what they do best - better!
OpenTable’s Restaurant Marketing team is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to drive innovation and growth for the most powerful platform in the restaurant industry. You will own our core product portfolio, being responsible for the business strategy and influencing the product roadmap. You will lead a small team of product marketers to bring products to market with strong positioning and messaging, and identify further areas of growth for your product domains. You will report into the Director of Product Marketing, and help drive overall product marketing excellence and growth as a team leader. You will work closely with our product, B2B marketing, sales and broader marketing teams to help grow our restaurant network and drive deeper engagement of our existing customer base of more than 50,000 restaurants.
We are looking for an experienced product marketer to deepen and scale OpenTable’s ability to solve for short term and long term restaurant needs, while delivering continued excellence in our market research, positioning and go-to-market strategies. This is a strategic role, with an opportunity to drive and influence a number of high-impact, cross-company initiatives with a high degree of ownership. You will be working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment on product planning, positioning, go-to-market and growth.
In this role, you will:
- Drive business strategy for our core portfolio of restaurant offerings, helping to prioritize innovation that will drive the greatest impact for restaurants around the globe
- Procure and synthesize marketing intelligence and customer insights, serving as a leading authority on our customers, competition and the broader restaurant technology landscape. Deliver high-quality readouts and recommendations to influence the product roadmap
- Be responsible for the positioning and messaging for our core portfolio of OpenTable’s restaurant products, inspiring and leading broader marketing and communications teams to bring the narratives to life
- Develop and lead go-to-market strategy for major company initiatives
- Build positive relationships with team members across the company
- Accountable for overall platform adoption and core product revenue growth
- Lead and develop a small team of impactful product marketers, including proactively running and adjusting overall team processes to enable excellence in execution
Please apply if:
- 5-7 years relevant work experience in Product Marketing within a B2B context.
- BA/BS degree required. MBA is a plus.
- 2-3 years experience in effective people management
- Track record collaborating with and influencing product organizations
- Extensive experience in market research and deriving strategic recommendations that drive product and business growth
- Creative problem-solving skills with proven track record to lead scalable projects, programs and go-to-markets
- Powerful storyteller: written, verbal, and visual
- Proven experience leading and influencing cross-functional partners at multiple levels - including executives
- Thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing “get it done” environment
- Passion and experience in the restaurant industry is of course a plus
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable—
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”