With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
In this role, you will:
We are seeking a hardworking and dedicated Events Marketing Specialist to work on all aspects of and implement multi-faceted events for OpenTable across EMEA with focus on Germany, UK and Ireland. This role offers an outstanding opportunity to serve as a brand ambassador for OpenTable by planning, activating and attending OpenTable-hosted and -sponsored events.
The ideal candidate has at prior experience working in industry-facing (B2B) events, has a strong track record of crafting unforgettable experiences for the audience and can get going quickly. You have a passion for the dining scene and get excited to craft and implement experiences that will get restaurants excited about OpenTable and its network, including customer dinners, thought leadership series, trade shows and sponsorships. People skills and passion for building relationships with our partners, suppliers and customers are of paramount importance. Reporting to and working closely with the Marketing Manager you will also partner with our wider team to cultivate strong influencer relationships, and support in the creation of industry event experiences, content, marketing materials, branded giveaways and hospitality initiatives to solidify OpenTable’s role as a trusted and valued partner within the restaurant community.
This role offers the opportunity to help drive a world-class marketing strategy for the world’s leading restaurant reservations provider within collaborative teams based both in EMEA and in our San Francisco office.
Please apply if:
- BA/BS degree required
- Previous event management experience
- A tenacious self-starter who can start fast
- Fluency / full working proficiency in German language is a must
- A passion for the restaurant industry, ideally paired with knowledge and understanding of national industry leaders, issues and trends is of advantage
- Strong communication skills as this role will interface regularly with diverse and cross-functional internal and external partners
- Collaborative individual who enjoys participating in cross-functional and global teams
- Comfortable with a wide variety of technologies and ability to learn quickly
- Superior project management skills; results focus with superb execution and follow-through
- High attention to detail and highly-organized with the ability to identify roadblocks and troubleshoot efficiently and effectively
- Comfort with data, numbers, budgets and focus on return on investment measurement; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Able and eager to travel within EMEA (on average 2-3x/month)
- A sense of humour and positive outlook to fit in with our strong performing team is a plus!
- 25 days a year annual leave
- One Celebration Day per calendar year
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work.
- Mental Health Well-being: 6 company paid therapy sessions, subscription to a meditation app, wellbeing speaker series and resources.
- Private Health & Dental and Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pension Fund
- Gym Discount
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at OpenTable
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.