With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
We are looking for an experienced, highly analytical, and collaborative Sr. Product Manager to join the OpenTable Technical Operations team! This role will support the implementation of critical infrastructure projects by aligning global operations, product development and third-party teams with the objectives of OpenTable leadership.
As a Sr. Product Manager dedicated to Technical Operations, this person will work closely with engineering managers and directors who oversee OpenTable’s corporate systems, network operations, core infrastructure, serving platforms, data platforms, visibility, and release engineering teams. The Sr. Product Manager will coordinate and deliver major operational initiatives by scoping, scheduling, team building, budgeting, and supporting quality assurance, procurement, and risk management.
In this role, you will:
- Own the analysis, development, refinement, and execution of large-scale technical projects
- Work directly with senior leadership to move projects from idea to initiation, execution, and close
- Apply expertise in navigating enterprise systems and people resources to form a project team and manage stakeholder expectations
- Coordinate and lead status monitoring, status updates, and other communication touch points required for project health and success
- Maintain relationships with Technical Operation's leads and their teams
- Promote and champion key initiatives for the Technical Operations department
- Lead and mentor Technical Operations product managers
- Improve efficiency in an agile environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
Please apply if you have:
- 3+ years experience running technical operations projects
- Certifications and/or other proven expertise with Agile Scrum and PMI’s PMBOK
- A conceptual understanding of data center operations, microservice environments, and quality assurance processes
- The ability to refine scope, focus teams on priority topics and develop critical path milestone plans
- An ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head off obstacles
- Data-centricity – you have a deep curiosity about metrics and can identify how/when to use them and report back on the impact
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing talent
- Strong communication and listening skills – you can present ideas and build consensus among a distributed group
- A strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising cross-departmental teams
- A team-first demeanor who can closely collaborate with engineers, designers, and other cross-functional teams
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable—
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”