With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
The Build and Release Engineering team has a mission to enable the building, packaging, and releasing of software built at OpenTable. We are responsible for CI/CD infrastructure, artifact storage, and custom deployment tools. We also customize the Kubernetes infrastructure with controllers, validating webhooks, mutating webhooks, and whatever else is needed to enable our product engineers to focus on the business of delivering extraordinary dining experiences to restaurants and consumers.
You, a software engineer a few years into your career, will be responsible for sound technical execution through hands-on development, automated testing, and prototyping of robust APIs and web-based applications. You will work closely with the many teams across engineering to develop solutions that help them solve the challenges ranging from day to day operations to multi-year architectural planning and development.
You will also be responsible for the installation, configuration and operations of the commercial software we use, both on-premise and SaaS, whether off the shelf or custom developed.
Our applications are mostly written in Go and deployed to Kubernetes. Depending on the specific needs of the application, we employ a variety of standard Open Source Software (PostgreSQL, Kafka, Elasticsearch/OpenSearch, Grafana, Prometheus, Graphite, etc). We believe in contributing back to Open Source as well as maintaining a number of our own Open Source projects.
You’ll help us:
- Improve our existing applications to meet new requests from internal teams
- Write completely new services and features that handle high traffic volumes and integrate with the rest of the OpenTable platform
- Grow as a team by chipping in your ideas and experience
- Collaborate with infrastructure engineering to understand and develop solutions for their unique needs and constraints
- Support the engineering teams with tooling, processes, and training designed to make everyone’s jobs easier
You’ll fit right in if you:
- Understand, enjoy, and believe in DevOps practices
- Are familiar with CI/CD Pipelines using tools such as Github, Artifactory, CircleCi, Jenkins, TeamCity, Docker registry, etc.
- Have shown debugging and analytical skills in generating result oriented metrics and dashboards
- Have an empathetic approach and enjoy working with developers, designers and product owners of all career levels
- See communication as the cornerstone of building solid applications
- Like collaborating across teams to find the best solutions
- Are a self starter and OK with working remotely, while not hesitating to reach out when you need a pairing partner or second opinion
- Have a solid understanding of systems administration concepts
- Maintain and champion good documentation
- Be passionate about observability best practices
- Automate whenever possible
- Consider security with every decision
- Enjoy evaluating new technology
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable—
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”