With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
At OpenTable, we take pride in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Tens of millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by solving challenging engineering problems and can deliver exceptional quality in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too!
In this role:
You will work across the web engineering teams at OpenTable and alongside the iOS / Android team QA engineer. Your day-to-day work will cover exploratory testing, regression testing and QA testing OpenTable's diner-facing web applications. You will closely partner with the existing iOS / Android QA Engineer to understand product features and flows in our key products and pages. You will report bugs, issues, and concerns and help devise testing plans and strategies to cover key pages and features. Overall, you will help OpenTable maintain a high bar in the code and features that we release. We are a collaborative team, close-knit team, and enjoy the work we do.
As the QA engineer on the web team, you will also create, maintain, and execute test plans and test cases against our software platforms and applications in the cloud, server, desktop and mobile environments. You will analyze and communicate test results and defect tracking back to the development team, and also enhance and extend the automation library!
Please apply if you have:
- Good understanding of testing methodologies and principles
- Exploratory testing
- Regression testing
- Expertise with hands-on scripting/coding experience in any automation testing tools (Selenium/Appium, Cucumber Framework, Pytest, TestNG, mocha/chai, nightwatchJS or CypressJS)
- Experience designing and implementing test plans
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Git and CI tools
- Technical ownership of software testing infrastructure and improving product quality
- Experience in cross browser and cross platform testing
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable—
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”